We know that much of life requires access to the internet but that this is not a privilege that all people enjoy.
We are now the proud owners of a public computer room, supported by Gloucestershire County Council and IT for Africa. We have two computers that can be either booked or used on a casual basis when the café is running. We also have printers available on a “pay as you can” basis.
Sometimes, just being able to check your email or buy something online is useful. But some times, being able to apply for benefits online is vital. So although some days you could just use the computers, on other days we do have people who could help you make your applications or learn how to navigate the internet.
You can book the computers using this page, by phoning us or by calling into the centre
Terms and Conditions
By using the computers, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of use.
Please always remember this is a public facility, the terminals are monitored and accessing material considered unacceptable or offensive by staff will have session terminated.
When you finish your Session – ALL FILES STORED LOCALLY WILL BE LOST
Information stored on our computers may be deleted at any time and definitely at the end of your session. Please be aware that once the log off process has started it cannot be stopped and you will not be able to retrieve any data saved locally.
The computers will log you off after 15 minutes of inactivity. You will lose any unsaved work or downloaded files. If you want to keep information that you have downloaded or typed then we recommend that you either print or save to USB Memory Stick BEFORE ENDING YOUR SESSION.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of e-mails or security of on-line transactions. Do not give the Octagon for delivery of goods ordered on the internet.
Acceptable Service (Internet) Use
The browsing or downloading of material of an illegal or offensive nature is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted movies, music (mp3’s), or software, hacking/cracking material, or adult material. There are no exceptions to this policy.
You may only use the Service for legal purposes and are forbidden to access, download, copy, publish, distribute or disseminate any material which is:
– defamatory, obscene, indecent, menacing or which may incite anxiety, racial prejudice or hatred;
– comprising any material which infringes third party Intellectual Property Rights (including, but not limited to copyright in: literary works, directories, databases, music, trademarks, logos etc.) without the appropriate (implied or express) authorisation for use provided by such third party;
– access any unauthorised on-line gambling sites (including betting, gaming and bingo pursuant to the Gaming Act 1968;
– distribute or disseminate a software virus or any other destructive or harmful software file or programme;
– send “spam” or other unsolicited bulk email;
– hack into any part of the Service and/or third party web site service